Recipe for Crabmeat Filled Tilapia Roll-Ups
Do you feel like you’re running out of really good recipes for baked fish?Â This Crabmeat Filled Tilapia Roll-Ups is one to try, you’ll be glad you did.
Ingredients for Crabmeat Filled Tilapia Roll-Ups:
- 1 pound crabmeat, cooked and shredded
- 5-6 thinly sliced scallions, both green and white
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-8 Tilapia Fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup of whole milk
- 1-1/2 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 cup flour combined
- Â½ tbsp. Season Salt
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cup Panko bread crumbs, reserve 1 cup for dredging
- 2/3 cup Canola Oil
Directions for Crabmeat Filled Tilapia Roll-Ups:
- Add crabmeat to a large bowl and add egg, scallions, mashed potatoes, salt, and pepper and stir well.Â Reserve.
- Place the Tilapia into a large bowl, pour milk over fish and then add lemon zest.Â Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Then, drain the milk from the fish into a fine meshed colander
- Arrange three pie plates on your work surface.Â Combine buttermilk and eggs into this and beat to incorporate. In the second plate then pour flour/cornmeal/seasoned salt/parmesan together and toss lightly, then the third plate pour the Panko crumbs.
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam cooking spray.
- Starting at the small end of each fillet, spoon 1-2 tbsps. of the crab filling.
- Roll the stuffing into tilapia fillets, dip each one into milk/egg, then into flour/cornmeal mix, back into egg and then into Panko.
- Lay seam side down on baking sheet.Â Continue until all fillets are filled and coated.
Place rolled fillets – uncovered into refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350oF.Â Bake Crab Stuffed Tilapia Fillets until internal temperature reaches 140oF.Â Remove from oven and then remove the portions from the baking sheet to stop cooking.