Grandmother’s Famous Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies!
My mother (grandmother to my children) must have made a mountain of these Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies when I was a child. Our family does believe that No-Bake Cookies are the best cookies ever invented. Here is her recipe; we have been making these cookies for 3 generation now, my grandchildren can make them too!
This recipe is easy to follow and very fast to make.
Ingredients for Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Dash of salt
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- Â½ cup real butter
- 3 cups of Quaker Oats, quick-cooking
- Â½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Waxed paper
Directions for Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies:
HINT: Begin by measuring out all the ingredients, including around 14 inches of the waxed paper; this recipe comes together quickly and you will not have time to measure these items out after cooking.
- In a 2 qt. sauce pan add the sugar, cocoa, and dashÂ Â of salt.Â Stir to combine well; add the milk and stir well, add the butter.
- Place pan over medium high heat, butter will meltÂ Â while mixture heats up.Â StirÂ constantly.Â When the mixtureÂ Â reaches a full rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down) set a timerÂ for 1 minute.Â KeepÂ stirring.Â This is crucial; beginÂ timing when it’s a full rolling boil!
- After boiling 1 minute, remove mixture fromÂ heat.Â Add the peanut butter andÂ vanilla.Â Â Stir until peanut butter is mostly melted, no more than a minute; immediately add the pre-measured oats, stir quickly to combine.
- Using a large spoon, drop one spoonful at a time onto the waxed paper, moving quickly cookies set up fast.Â Drop cookies on wax paper until all your Â Â Â Â mixture is gone.
Let these delicious morsels cool, as they cool they will become hardened and will have a tender, fudge-like texture.