Recipe for Family Favorite Roasted Vegetable Soup
I developed this summer soup with the bounty from my own zucchini plants, as well as made some yummy Chocolate Zucchini Bread. For thisÂ recipe however, I added some fresh-roasted broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and a few sprigs of fresh herbs into a family favorite soup.Â I roasted the fresh veggies the tiniest bit; to retain their crunch, before adding some thick, creamy, Greek yogurt and cream.
The result was this recipe. We all just adore it, and hope it pleases your family, too.
Ingredients for Family Favorite Roasted Vegetable Soup:
- Â¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 sliced green zucchini
- 1 cup fresh broccoli
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups low salt vegetable stock or chicken broth
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Â½ cup Parmesan cheese, plus Â¼ cup for topping
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil
Directions for Family Favorite Roasted Vegetable Soup :
Preheat oven to 375oF.
- Pour olive oil onto a large baking sheet, arrange onion, zucchini, broccoli, and cauliflower on oil, toss lightly to coat all.Â Sprinkle minced garlic over top.
- Roast until vegetables begin to soften and brown nicely. (About 20 minutes) Remove from oven. Using a slotted spoon, remove roasted veggies to a bowl — reserve.
- Add vegetables to a deep stock pot, add vegetable, butter,Â broth and salt and bring heat up to high or medium-high. Cover. When it comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- With a slotted spoon, remove half the vegetables; place in bowl of food processor, whiz to puree. Return the puree to the pot of soup, stir.
- Combine yogurt, cream, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl, then add to the hot soup and stir to blend.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the basil and more Parmesan cheese.
This is an end-of-summer soup that we eat hot or cold. Once it cools, the flavors seem to meld together nicely.