Butternut Squash Soup With Ginger And Lime
Butternut Squash Soup With Ginger And Lime is a perfect soup to greet the fall season. This recipe makes quite a thick hearty thick soup that can be thinned to taste using chicken broth.
Ingredients for Butternut Squash Soup With Ginger And Lime
- ½ cup Onion chopped 125ml
- 4 Tsp Fresh ginger peeled and minced 20ml
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted butter 50ml
- 4 cups Butternut Squash peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced 1L
- 2 cups Chicken Broth 500ml
- 2 cups Water 500ml
- 3 cloves Garlic minced 3
- 2 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice 25ml
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil 25ml
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Ginger peeled and julienne 50ml
- 4-6 Lime thin slices 4-6
Method for Butternut Squash Soup With Ginger And Lime
In a large saucepan, cook onion and ginger in butter over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add squash, chicken broth, water, and garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Purée the mixture in batches in a blender or food processor. Return mixture to pan and stir in lime juice, salt and pepper.
Reheat over moderate heat until hot. If soup is too thick, thin with a little chicken broth or water.
To make garnish, fry ginger strips in oil until pale golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
Serve in bowls. Float a slice of lime on each and top with fried ginger.
Serves 4 to 6