Salad Con Carne Recipe
This Salad Con Carne Recipe is an interesting variation on taco salad or even nachos. In our house we often have taco salads and many of the same ingredients are in this Salad Con Carne.
Ingredients for Salad Con Carne
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp beef flavored Gravy Base
- 6 to 8 drops Hot Pepper Sauce
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cold Water
- 1 medium Head Lettuce torn into bite sizes
- 1 large Tomato cut in wedges
- ½ small Onion thinly sliced and separated into rings
- ¼ cup Green Pepper strips
- ½ cup Ripe Olives sliced*
- 1 cup sharp natural Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 6-ounce package Corn Chips coarsely crushed
Method for Salad Con Carne
In skillet brown ground beef, add chopped onion, gravy base, and hot pepper sauce. Stir in ¾ cup water. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes stirring frequently. Combine the cornstarch and 1 Tbsp cold water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir till mixture thickens and boils.
In large salad bowl combine lettuce, tomato, sliced onion, green pepper, olives, and shredded cheese. Toss well. Spoon on hot meat sauce; top with corn chips.
Makes 4- 6 Servings
*Olives are optional
**Avocado, sour cream, and or refried beans are nice to add according to your taste